Saturday, March 28, 2020

Instant Pot Peas and Potatoes

Instant Pot Peas and Potatoes

I seen a video the other day about making a "Depression Era" Potato Soup (stove top version) and since my mom and I both love Potato Soup I thought I would give it a shot, but it just didn't seem like it was "right", but I made it none the less and after tasting it we both agreed that it would be better as a Peas and Potato because it was so much like my granny made it.  So here we go.



Peas and Potatoes

4 lb potatoes, peeled and chopped
3/4 c water
1 can evaporated milk
1/2 stick butter
1 can peas
salt and pepper to taste

I peeled and chopped up about 4lbs of potatoes and put them into the instant pot with the water for 5 minutes and I let it release naturally for 5 minutes, then manually released the rest of the steam. I did not drain the water as that is part of the 'depression era' way of this recipe.  I added in 1 can of evaporated milk and 1/2 stick of butter.  I mashed part of the potatoes leaving the rest chunky because this isn't supposed to be mashed potatoes.  I added salt and pepper to taste and 1 can of drained peas.  I did not heat the peas as the potatoes were hot enough to warm them through.

We ate this as is and I must say that it was very good.  My husband even had a bowl and he doesn't like most green foods.  He actually went back the next day and finished them off instead of having breakfast.

Take care and enjoy this extra time with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment