Sunday, December 14, 2014

Baked Ziti

Baked Ziti

I know that this is all about making things simple and easy for you to care for your family, but I could not pass up sharing this delicious meal with you, It's not hard to make, I promise.



1 package of ziti noodles (will only use 1/2)
1-2 lbs ground beef (we like ours meaty so we use 2 lbs)
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 jar of pasta sauce (or if you have some homemade, use that)
1 jar of creamy cheese sauce (I use roasted garlic)

Preheat oven to 375.  Put ziti noodles on to boil while browning ground beef until no longer pink, drain grease. Drain noodles once they are al dente.  Combine noodles, beef, 2 cups of cheese and both sauces in a large mixing bowl and mix well.  Pour into a baking dish (9x13 is preferred) top with remaining cheese and bake until cheese is melted and starting to brown, about 30 minutes.

For crock pot, combine all ingredient but the last layer of cheese,  add it during the last hour, cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.

Serve with salad and warm garlic bread.

I have also been known to make smaller portions and to freeze them for use later, to save time on cooking for the days when my back won't allow me to stand for very long.




No comments:

Post a Comment