Friday, February 7, 2020

Crockpot Cube Steak and Gravy

Cube Steak and Gravy

We have had company for a couple of nights so we are changing up our menu just a bit.  I have things planned for the month and as I mentioned in an earlier post, nothing is set, so I'm just rearranging the days I fix things.  Today I had a procedure on my back, so standing up to prepare dinner just wasn't gonna happen.  So I threw it into the crockpot and let it do it's thing while I slept off the medication and rested my back.  The recipe calls for 2 lbs of cube steak, 1 can each of "cream of" soup and French onion soup, 1 cup of water, 2 Tbs of Worcestershire Sauce, letting this cook on low for 6-7 hours.  Make a slurry of corn starch and water, equal measures, and add it during the last hour to thicken things up. and dinner is ready to serve.  The smell is divine and the taste even more so!  I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures tonight, I was to busy preparing plates for everyone to think of taking a picture before we were mid way through eating. Not to mention that my numbing was already worn off on my back.

Cube Steak and Gravy in the Crock Pot

2lbs cube steak
1 can cream of soup (I used chicken, but love it with onion)
1 can French Onion Soup
1 Cup water
2 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
1Tbs Cornstarch + 1Tbs water

Mix the soups and water together with the Worcestershire Sauce and pour it into the crockpot over the cube steak. Let it cook on low for 6-7 hours. In the last hour of cooking, mix the corn starch and water together and then add it to the crock pot mixing it into the soups to thicken it during the last hour of cooking.

I like to serve this with mashed potatoes and whatever veg I have on hand.  Tonight was was mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese because I didn't feel like bending over to look for the veg.

I promise to try and remember to take a picture the next time I make this.

No comments:

Post a Comment