Saturday, February 1, 2020

Beef Stew

Beef Stew

This is the last dinner that I made in January.  Mom and I enjoyed our month of eating from the pantry so much that we are planning to do it again in February.  Mostly me, since I cook for us, but she's not had any complaints so far, especially with this impromptu thrown together dinner.

I gathered up a bunch of canned foods that we had an abundance of and voila, dinner was in the crockpot cooking away.  The smell was mouthwatering after just a few minutes of cooking.



Beef Stew

1 lb browned stew beef
1 can corn
1 can peas
1 can carrots
2 cans potatoes
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can okra with tomato
1 box of beef broth (I also used  a 1/2 box of chicken broth that needed to be used)
I sprinkled in (without measuring) Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb, Onion Powder, Cumin and a dash of Red Pepper Flakes
1 Packet of Onion Soup Mix
1 Bay Leaf

I let this simmer in the crockpot for 6 hours before serving with crackers.  We also ate this for lunch the next day sharing a bowl with my youngest son and had some to freeze for a future meal.


No comments:

Post a Comment