Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Spaghetti Bolognese

Spaghetti Bolognese

That's a mouth full to say, but it's so very good.  As I continue with our second month of cleaning out the pantry, I realized that I had so much pasta and didn't really want to make just plain spaghetti to use it up, and then I remembered making this years ago for my family and decided to do it again.  I will admit that this is not my recipe, but one found on Kraft's recipe site.  I will link to it shortly. 
 

I only had to splurge and buy a couple of things that I don't always have on hand and that was the Zesty Italian Dressing and the Cream Cheese, I also picked up a can of diced tomatoes that did not contain green chili. I had a small green pepper so I chopped it up into tiny pieces and snuck it in there.  I served it with some bread I had in the fridge topped with butter and garlic and broiled to brown it.


Spaghetti with Zesty Bolognese Sauce

1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing (I bought an 8oz bottle and used all of it)
1 lb. extra-lean ground beef
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
3/4 lb. spaghetti, uncooked
2 Tbsp. PHILADELPHIA Neufchatel Cheese (I used Cream Cheese)
1/4 cup KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese
 
Cook and stir onions in dressing in large skillet on medium heat 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Add meat; cook on medium-high heat until browned, stirring frequently. Stir in tomato sauce and tomatoes. Bring to boil; simmer on medium-low 15 min., stirring occasionally.

Meanwhile, cook spaghetti as directed on package, omitting salt.

Remove sauce from heat. Add Neufchatel (Cream Cheese); stir until melted. Drain spaghetti; place in large bowl. Top with sauce and Parmesan.
 
This is a very tasty dish, one day I might make it exactly as directed, but today was not that day.
 
Enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment