Thursday, February 13, 2020

Shredded Mexican Beef Steak

Shredded Mexican Beef Steak

I had 3 medium sized steaks given to me that I had been keeping in the freezer trying to decide how to fix them.  Since it's winter here and no one has used moms grill in several years, that wasn't an option for me and I just didn't like the thought of baking them or frying them in a pan.  So, I started thinking outside the box.  We had a delicious cube steak and gravy a few nights back and it was so tender from being cooking in the crockpot with the onion soup that I decided to do that with these steaks.  I added in a can of cream of onion, an onion soup mix and a packet of taco seasoning to give it a different taste than the cube steak and viola, we had a Mexican steak.  I liked it, mom just got back late the next night so she hasn't tried it yet and my son loved it.


I added some jalapeƱo and hot sauce to my bowl as I tend to like extra spice with mine.


Here is the recipe:

Mexican Shredded Steak

3 medium sized steaks
1 can of french onion soup
1 can cream of onion soup
1 packet of dry onion soup mix (might leave this out if I  make again)
1 packet of taco seasoning

Mix all of the soups and seasonings together then pour over the steaks.  I moved the steaks around some to get the seasoning under them too.  Cook on low 6-8 hours, remove the steak and shred, putting it back in and mixing it up to cover with the sauce.  Serve with tortilla (soft or hard), cheese if desired and toppings of your choice.


This is my own recipe, so when I make this again, I make tweak it and make changes.  I'm thinking that it would be nice with some chopped onion and sliced green pepper to make it more fajita like, so who knows what will be in it next time.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment