Monday, January 13, 2020

Crockpot Chili Beans and Omelette with Cheese

Chili Beans and Omelette with Cheese

On Day 2 of my Pantry Challenge I made a Crockpot full of Chili Beans for dinner.  Nothing special, just used the leftover pinto beans from day 1 along with 2 cans of kidney beans (thought I had a bag of dried beans but didn't) 1 can of chili hot beans, 2 cans of diced tomatoes, a small can of tomato paste along with a packet of chili seasoning mix. We browned up 1 pound of ground beef and put it in, turned it on high and let if cook for 4 hours, served it with some shredded cheese we had on hand and a sleeve of crackers.


On Day 3 We had leftover chili beans served over a cheese omelette and a side of buttered toast.  My mom was very skeptical of trying this because she loves omelettes but had never had one smothered in chili.  She loved it!  My husband had never tried chili beans before and didn't want to try them last night but wasn't given much choice when his plate was presented to him already covered with the chili.  He ate it and never complained, even eating the chili beans that had fallen off the omelette once it was finished.


As you can tell, I don't skimp on portion sizes.  I'm used to feeding 2 boys and a picky girl, but they could never tell anyone that they were hungry because they weren't offered enough to eat.

I was out from home of Day 4, so I didn't prepare dinner, we instead had burgers from Wendy's, I will work those dinners in on a future night or menu.  Days 5/6 were left over days so we finished off the chili beans by having the omelette again (see, I told you they liked it) and then just a bowl of chili beans with cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment