Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Taco and Rice

Taco and Rice

Saturday night I made tacos for dinner and they just didn't seem to be 'enough' so I tweaked them up a bit to stretch it out some and make it a more filling meal.

It is currently just mom and I as my husband is still overseas with his son as he starts his treatments for leukemia.  I wish that I had more updated info to share but so far he's only had one treatment because he's been so sick.

We served this with some tortilla chips and a Colby Jack shredded cheese, I added some sliced jalapeno's to mine for some extra spice.



Taco and Rice

1 lb ground beef
1 pkt taco seasoning (I used mild because mom can't handle the heat)
1 cup of water
1 can of refried beans (I use vegetarian)
1 jar of salsa (I used diced tomato with chili)

Brown the ground beef and drain, mic in the taco seasoning and water stirring to mix well, then add in the salsa and refried beans.  Allow to simmer for 15 minutes to absorb all the flavors, serve with tortilla and cheese.

I added 1 extra cup of water and a cup of Instant Rice to stretch the meal a bit further and allow it to be eaten with or without the tortilla chips and still be filling.

No comments:

Post a Comment