Sunday, January 5, 2020

Welcome back

Hi everyone.  It's been a while since I last posted, i'm so sorry about that.  I had some life changes going on, moving, traveling, moving again, children moving out/in/out again, my father's passing, traveling again, being homeless and finally getting a home and remodeling.  Phew, that's a lot, but i'm back now and hoping to get this going again.

To update everyone on a major change, my hubby is now in the States with me and we are almost ready to move into our newly remodeled home.  It's a single wide, mobile home, but it's been remodeled to update it with new flooring, new heat and a new layout.  Best of all, it was given to us.  We are hoping to get the last of the flooring put down, paint the walls and get moved in by the end of the January.

We are now empty-nesters, our oldest children, ages 27, 24 and 24, have all been on their own for almost 2 years now and our other children, ages 13,12 and 5, live with their mother in Egypt. I am thankful that none of our children were caught up in all of the drama involved with traveling and coming back homeless.

I will hopefully get back on track with crock potting, pressure cooking and just cooking in general once we are settled in and I have my own kitchen to work with.  For now we are living with my mom and presently doing a pantry clean out to use up what's on hand so that nothing goes to waste.  I will make a post about that shortly.

Happy cooking everyone!

Jennifer

When hubby made it to America!

No comments:

Post a Comment