Friday, January 17, 2020

Life Happens and Crockpot Cilantro Lime Chicken

Life Happens!

Don't you just love it when life happens and plans fall apart?  This week things happened to change our plans.  Mom had a medical procedure that for 2 days she couldn't eat, so this changed our menu for the beginning of the week, the day of her procedure the menu was also changed because the plan was to have white chicken chili and I just couldn't see her first meal after a clear liquid diet being chili of any kind. so we had a pasta that had been in the freezer.  Then on Thursday I had a couple of visits with doctors myself, one an hour away, so my husband and I ate out on the way home, since dinner was to be leftover white chicken chili.

God willing next week we can use this weeks menu and just make everything that had been planned for this week, with the exception of the Cilantro Lime Chicken, which I will make for dinner tonight, which is very simple because I have this prepared in the freezer ready to go.

I adapted this recipe from Jamerrill Stewart at Large Family Table to feed 2 people.  I will serve this tonight with some minute rice.

Ingredients

You will need the following total ingredients to make two large family freezer meals:

2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup lime juice
1 Tbs minced garlic
1/4 cup of chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 cup olive oil
salt/pepper as desired

If preparing ahead of time as a freezer meal place everything into a quart or gallon sized freezer bag. Since I prepared this as a freezer meal for 2, the gallon sized was much larger than needed.
Set out the night before to defrost in the refrigerator.
Cook in the crockpot for 4 hours on high or 7-8 hours on low.

No comments:

Post a Comment